noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Massages- Drive-ins and other types

Some news out of Malaysia. The government there will soon be opening drive-in massage parlors for stressed drivers. I'll let TFM's readers make the appropriate wisecracks.

This story reminded me of something I had happen to me some 6 or 7 years ago. From 1997 to 2001 I travelled from Florida to Santa Monica California for cancer treatments and check-ups. These were done at the John Wayne Cancer Institute in Santa Monica. JWCI is affiliated with St. John's Hospital and is arguably the best cancer center in the US for malignant melanoma patients.

I had been going to JWCI for some time 2 or 3 years. On these trips I almost always stayed at the same hotel, a Best Western at the corner of 20th and Santa Monica Blvd. This hotel was only a short walk to JWCI.

Having stayed in that hotel so many times, I got to know the surroundings pretty well. If you walk west towards the ocean from the hotel, there is one auto dealer after another on the road. Also a half a block from the hotel and visible from rooms on its northside was a small shop marked massage.

In either 1999 or 2000, I decided to pay a visit to this shop. I wanted a back massage. Going inside there was a woman behind the counter, I paid her $50 and was shown to a room in back. This happened all in the early afternoon after one of my appointments.

A few minutes after I'm shown in the room, an attractive Asian woman dressed in tank top comes in. She says her name is Candy and I kind of forget what she said but her body language told me she wasn't there to massage my back! I said no thanks and exited the place minus the $50 I spent. Never in my life have I ever used a prostitute and I never will. I'm a married man.

One of those lessons in life. I just wonder how this establishment stays in business. It's on Santa Monica Blvd and blatantly obvious. Are the city's police being paid protection, or are they or city officials good customers there?

PS- My wife knows this story. She only ever accompanied me to Santa Monica once and she trusts me. I've never broken her trust.

Open Post- Basil's Blog, Third World County, Blue Star, Cigar Intelligence Agency,

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Stressed out during a long drive? Road hogs driving you up the wall? The Malaysian government is only too happy to help. The country's first highway drive-in massage parlor opened Monday, with the aim of reducing accidents by easing tense muscles of stressed-out drivers. The parlors will be equipped with automatic massage chairs.

"I hope highway users will use this facility," Works Minister S. Samy Vellu said.

Samy opened the first massage center along the North-South Highway, and said the government was planning to open another center this year.

The North-South Highway is the country's main highway, and stretches the length of Peninsular Malaysia.

Hundreds of thousands of Malaysians commute along a web of highways daily, but accidents — and deaths — typically rise during festive occasions when millions leave Kuala Lumpur and major cities during extended holidays.

 
Listed on BlogShares