noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Knucklehead of the Day award

Goes to Florida State Senator Steve Geller. Last week the Florida legislature enacted a gift ban. Up till now legislators were allowed to accept meals from lobbyists as long as they reported. The ban would prohibit this practice and Governor Bush is expected to sign it into law.

Geller was one of the few state legislators to oppose this law. That doesn't get him the knucklehead award, but his ridiculous comments do.

Like this from the Sun Sentinel-

``I'm concerned this bill prevents us from being senators,'' said Sen. Steve Geller, a Hallandale Beach Democrat who voted against the ban. ``If I'm attending a meeting, a Chamber of Commerce function and I'm not speaking, then ... I now need to brown bag my lunch or my breakfast. That's not a realistic option.''

Only keeps Senators from being senators if allowing lobbyists to buy your vote or influence is being a legislator. I think the voting public would disagree.

As regards to bringing a brown lunch, my wife sums it up best. "Poor baby".

The Palm Beach Post calls Geller pathetic today.(in an editorial where they praise Republicans!) I have to agree with the Post for once. Senator Steve Geller isn't just pathetic but also today's Knucklehead of the day.

Open Post- Is it just me?, Bloggin Outloud, Right Wing Nation, Jo's Cafe, Third World County, Basil's Blog,

 
Listed on BlogShares