noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Friday, November 18, 2005

The Knucklehead of the Day award

This is a personal knucklehead. Today's winner is Marcello's Seafood market and it's employees. My wife is Filipino and likes to eat fish not so surprisingly. I went to Marcello's yesterday to buy some snapper. My wife and I have bought seafood there for 10 years at least.

Marcello's has fresh seafood and this doesn't come cheap. I wanted approximately a pound of snapper. The sign in the case said 10.99 per lb. The employee took the seafood to scale weighed it, and then priced it. At 12.99 per lb.

I immediately brought the price to the employee's attention. She said the sign was wrong. If the sign is wrong, why wasn't it fixed and two you're falsely advertising. The owner spoke up and wouldn't budge, its 12.99 a lb. I needed something for dinner last night so I bought the snapper. That may be just the last time I ever shop at Marcello's which was damaged by Wilma. Who knows, maybe they are gouging customers as they are the only fresh seafood market in Lantana. Even if they aren't what they did wasn't right. There are other seafood markets, I won't be going back to Marcello's for a long time. To be a nuisance, I'm going to file a consumer complaint against the store too.

For their disregard of a long-time customer, Marcello's seafood is today's Knucklehead of the day.

Open Post- Don Surber, Choose Life, Cao's Blog, The Political Teen

 
Listed on BlogShares