noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Knuckleheads of the Day award

I've never given the award to a blogger, so this is a first. Today's winners are Robert Cox and the Media Bloggers Association. Last July I made application to join MBA. According to their website applications are processed the end of the month. I never heard anything from MBA on August 1st. Two emails I sent to Robert Cox who administers the website and is the contact person for people who want to apply were never answered in August. A further email on October 1st got no response either.

Low and behold on October 21st(I didn't check the website again till today) a message was added to MBA's website. It reads-

By the spring of this year the number of applications for membership got too large to process manually. After the May board meeting we commissioned a new database that would automate the application process. The plan was to collect applications from June until August, port everything into the new database and begin processing applications through the database on 9/1/05. Unfortunately, there have been delays in completing the database. This is the nature of working in an all-volunteer environment.

We are now hoping to have the beta version of the site ready in the first half of November. If everything works as it's supposed to we hope to have it live within about a month.

In the meantime, if you sent an application we have it. If you have not and want to join you can send in an application or hold off until we are ready.

This could have been handled better and apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.


This could have most certainly have been handled better. MBA still has their old application guideline procedures posted, they haven't bothered to fix that. I'll grant them this is a volunteer group but how seriously can you take an organization who don't answer your emails? Not very serious in my opinion.

I'm sure this knucklehead post will doom my application but you know something? I prefer what Groucho Marx said once for a situation like this. I'd rather not be a member of a group that would have me as a member.

Open Post- Basil's Blog, Don Surber, Political Teen, Euphoric Reality

 
Listed on BlogShares