noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, November 14, 2005

I have never understood

How drivers get into situations like this. I do have to suspect the police are right and that alcohol was behind Mr. Hernandez's actions.

Ever since 1980 or 1981 I've had a phobia about head-on collisions and people driving the wrong way. This is due to my being involved in just such an accident back then, A woman driver going north in the south bound lane of Jog Rd in Pompano. The dizzy broad worked for the Florida Dept of Transportation or DOT! Jog was under construction to be widened back then and she thought the left lane was another north bound lane. I'd think there being no traffic in it but for cars coming directly at you would say otherwise but not to this woman. Only sudden last minute action ended in her sideswiping me instead of a head-on.

In 1986 or 1987 I had a close call with another lunatic driving northbound in the southbound lanes of I-95 in South Carolina. These people just never fail to amaze me with their stupidity and in this case the innocent victim turns up dead. My condolences to the Ommanian family.

Open Post- Don Surber, Third World County, Basil's Blog

DAVIE -- A 22-year-old woman was killed early Monday when a man investigators say had been drinking drove the wrong way down Interstate 595, a law enforcement official said.

The woman, Azadeh Ommanian, 22, of Fort Lauderdale, was driving west in her Toyota sedan at 3:10 a.m., said Florida Highway Patrol Lt. William Ferrell.

After Ommanian passed the Florida Turnpike, a 2000 Lincoln came barreling the wrong way down the interstate, Ferrell said. Ommanian tried to swerve, but the car struck her in the driver's side door and killed her, Ferrell said.

The driver of the Lincoln, Marvin Roberto Hernandez, 29, was critically injured in the crash and taken to Broward General Hospital.Ferrell said that troopers could small alcohol emanating from Hernandez both at the crash scene and later in the hospital. Investigators took a sample of his blood, which will be tested for the presence of alcohol.

Charges are pending, Ferrell said.

 
Listed on BlogShares