noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The end of hurricane season

Today marks the official end of Hurricane season. Don't mind me if I get down on my knees and say thanks.

South Florida had both Wilma and Katrina. Many non-Floridians forget that the later struck southern Broward County and Miami-Dade before going on to Louisiana. I personally experienced the former. We have a roof needing repairs but there are so many people in South Florida in same boat that roofing contractors are overwhelmed with business. It can be months before we get someone over here.

Our church has worse damage. The main building is fine, its roof being damaged by Francis in 2004 and repaired only months ago. However the church rectory and social hall are so badly damaged the buildings should in all probability be condemned.

There's Tropical system 26 out there too. At least Epsilon is far out to sea and likely to stay that way.

Looks like we get a six month reprieve till June 1, 2006. Don't mind me if I feel anxious going into next year's season.

Open Post- Don Surber, Bright & Early, Stuck on Stupid, Right Wing Nation

 
Listed on BlogShares