noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Friday, October 14, 2005

The New James Bond

is Daniel Craig. If you say Daniel who? you aren't the only one. My wife says he isn't even handsome. To be honest I think its time to retire the series, Die Another Day was a catastrophe in my opinion.

"It is a huge iconic figure in movie history, and those things don't come along very often," the star said, after posing for photos with producer Barbara Broccoli and director Martin Campbell.

Craig revealed he only discovered on Monday that he had definitely been given the role and had to consider the offer.

"It was difficult, but I tried to think about it like any other job. We have got an incredible script, and that is my first line of attack. Once I had read it, I knew I did not have any choice," he said.

"It is a huge challenge, and I think life is about challenges."

The film's producers tried to keep their decision secret, but Craig's mother told the tabloid Sun newspaper she was "thrilled to bits."

Craig is the first blond actor and only the second Englishman to star as Agent 007 in the movie series. Roger Moore played Bond in seven films from 1973-85.

Relatively unknown outside Britain, Craig appeared in the landmark 1990s British TV drama "Our Friends in the North" and in films including "The Mother," "Enduring Love" and "Layer Cake."

 
Listed on BlogShares