noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Torn

The Miami Dolphins go for two in a row this afternoon. They play their arch-rival the New York Jets at Meadowlands later today.

Coach Nick Saban is downplaying the rivalry, but you can't ignore it. There is quite a bit of history between these teams. Miami lost 8 straight to the Jets between 1997 and 2001. I remember a similar streak in the late 70's- early eighties.

Games like this pose a problem. I grew up as a Jet fan(most of my family were Giant fans) and over the last 10-15 years become fond of the Dolphins. Its easier to root for the hometown team than one over 1,000 miles away.

All I hope is today's game don't end in a tie. My prediction- Jets 27, Dolphins 14

 
Listed on BlogShares