noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Knucklehead of the Day Award

I don't give out too many awards based on personal experience but here is one such instance.

Goes to a nameless female City of Lantana Community Service patrolmen. The town of Lantana Florida, population 9,000 plus is where my wife's job is and where she works. This has been so for 12 years.

In Lantana there is a 4-way stop sign on Ocean Ave. Ocean is one of the main roads in town. It runs from I-95 to the intercoastal waterway. Today I was driving east on Ocean and stopped at the intersection with the 4-way stop sign. I was there. No one else. I stop, get ready to go and a car runs the stop sign in the northbound direction. A Lantana City Community Service car driven by a woman. The woman wasn't in any hurry or emergency.

I just feel the police and these community service people should obey the laws of the road too. This intersection is notorious for people not waiting their turns, but you have to expect more from the police. Does this woman feel she is above the law or is she poorly trained or just lackadasical?

From personal experience, I have a low opinion of community service patrols. At least those in Palm Beach County. They are usually old people driving in circles with no way of even contacting the police if someone needed assistance. Why are tax dollars being spent on this? If someone can tell me, I'd love to hear it.

My wife through her job knows alot of the Lantana police. I left a message with a Sgt Louganis to call me. I'll post an update if I have something to report.

 
Listed on BlogShares