noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

From the Silly News desk

My only comment on the following- Dream on.

Hat tip- Jo's Cafe

Love-struck Kenyan awaiting Clinton's nod to marry only daughter, Chelsea
Fri Jul 22, 5:50 PM ET

NAIROBI (AFP) - Former US president Bill Clinton, who was visiting Kenya, will probably never hear about it but he's being offered 20 head of cattle and 40 goats for the hand of his daughter in marriage.

The 36-year-old bachelor, Godwin Kipkemoi Chepkurgor, has waited five years after writing to the president and vows to remain unmarried until he gets an answer.

"I am ready to wait for as long as I can," said Cheprkurgor, who is a municipal councillor in Kenya's Rift Valler town of Nakuru.

Chepkurgor's initial efforts to reach Clinton during his visit to Uganda in 2000 were thwarted by the Kenyan foreign ministry and the state security which failed to deliver his introduction letter.

The electrical engineering graduate promised in the letter to pay his would-be father-in-law 20 head of cattle and 40 goats in dowry in accordance with African traditions.

"I learnt a lot about the Clintons through the media and was impressed about their staunch Christian values and their down-to-earth attitude," he told AFP.

"If I was given the opportunity at some stage to tell him about my love for his daughter. She was my first real love and she still is today."

Chepkurgor is quick to brush off suggestions that he is a joker.

"My parents were ready to support me because they realised how serious I was about this marriage," he said.

If, however, he does not meet Clinton who winds up his Kenya trip on Saturday, Chepkurgor would accept the possibility that life must go on without Chelsea.

 
Listed on BlogShares