noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Prayers for a military blogger

Carren Ziegenfuss has posted an update on her husband Chuck who was wounded in Iraq. He should be arriving at Walter Reed Hospital some time tonight.

Please say a prayer for this brave soldier and his family.

Here is a link to Chuck's website and Carren's latest update-http://tcoverride.blogspot.com/2005/06/chuck-has-been-injured-but-is-stable.html

This is Carren writing to tell Chuck's faithful readers that he has been injured, but is in stable condition.

I won't give details for fear of misinformation (and the fact that this can be accessed by millions of people).In general... Chuck sustained shrapnel wounds to his legs and arms from an IED. He and an Iraqi civilian were the only ones injured.

The Good Lord above was looking out for him in a BIG way! He is probably in Landstuhl (sp?), Germany by now and will be back in the states in the next week to 10 days (as far as I know right now). He still has his eyesite and has not sustained internal injuries that I know of.

I have not talked to him yet... they have kept him sedated for his trip to Germany, as well as for pain management. He also has some injuries to his face, but I think it is just bruised/scratched up quite a bit.On the homefront, we are all hangin in there. I have incredible support from family and friends and I feel very blessed.

The fact that Chuck is still alive makes this bearable, all things considered. I hope to hear from him in the next 24-48 hours. I will keep you all posted as often as possible.I ask your prayers for Chuck... strength, courage, quick recovery, his mental state, etc.

For me, I just need strength to get through the unknown road ahead. The hardest part so far was telling our 5 year old son Creighton that his daddy was injured. He has a lot of questions, obviously, and I answer them the best way I know how. He is too smart to lie to, but definitely does not need all the details.

 
Listed on BlogShares