noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Friday, August 07, 2009

The Knuckleheads of the Day award

Today's winners are the Mayor of Deerfield Mayor Peggy Noland and the city's Parks Director George Edmunds. They get the award for the following-

If you see the mayor of Deerfield Beach on the street, you better say hello.

City maintenance worker Cassandra Moye was suspended for two days without pay for failing to greet Mayor Peggy Noland while at work earlier this week.

Moye has the unenviable job of cleaning up trash and restrooms for $12.33 a hour, a job she was suspended from for failing to pay homage to the mayor while she spoke with Moye's boss.

"I didn't speak to the mayor and so my supervisor suspended me for two days," Moye said. "She is the Mayor, but I don't know her personally and I didn't think it was right for me to interrupt them, so I just kept about my work."

Moye's supervisor, George Edmunds issued Moye a memo stating Moye was being suspended because "the disrespectful attitude you displayed to the Mayor was unacceptable."

Moye said she was also threatened with termination.
Didn't this employee get the memo. All politicians are royalty and they are bowed to and kissed on the ass if you want to keep your job. If a elected official ever complains about the lack of honest advice, they should ask themselves if they were in their employee's shoes, would they feel threatened.

The city of Deerfield Beach is already backtracking on the suspension handed out to Cassandra Moye. Mayor Noland is already denying she had a part in the disciplinary action. Sure Mayor, you know this incident makes you look a buffoon and you're practicing damage control. It is too late so far as I go, I name the Mayor of Deerfield Mayor Peggy Noland and the city's Parks Director George Edmunds today's Knuckleheads of the Day.

Bob at The Daily Pulp has more, including city memos, in posts here and here.

Labels: , ,

 
Listed on BlogShares