noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Just no cents

*- My wife is a Filipina and for some time we've gotten Philippine television via Directv. For the last month or so, the Philippine version of Deal or No Deal shows at noon time. Which coincidentally is the same time for Leonita to be home for lunch.

So Leonita watches the show now every weekday while she is having lunch. It's hard not to watch the show. I do 'appreciate' Philippine women and a television show with 27 of them, some with names of Apple and Precious and Olive, well you know why I watch.

At the bottom of this post there's a video which includes a rehearsal and a interview of two of the suitcase girls. The video isn't the greatest. s

Deal or No Deal, whether in the USA or The Philippines is about greed. Yesterday's show had to have the biggest idiot I've seen on television in some time. After turning down many generous offers, he has two possibilities left, 400 pesos or 75. The current exchange rate is 49 pesos to the dollar. The banker offers this guy 399 pesos or 1 less than what at most he can win. One peso or two cents don't buy anything these days. He says- No deal! Do I need explain what was found in the suitcase he had left?

*- Dear wife was all excited yesterday and today for the return of her mother and sister. They are coming back from the Philippines. Leonita went to Fort Lauderdale airport, 45 miles from my house, to pick them up this morning. Guess what? They are arriving tomorrow.

Suitcases. My life is full of them.

Labels: , , ,

 
Listed on BlogShares