noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'd stick with my maiden name then

After two rounds of play, Angela Park is leading the Women's US Open by one shot. Park, who is of Korean heritage but born in Brazil and grew up in California, was last year's Rookie of the Year.

One of the golfers one shot back is Minea Blomqvist. Minea had more than a few interesting things to say at a press conference yesterday.

The 23-year-old from Finland was hilarious during her interview, although there's some Swedes that won't be laughing when they see her comment. She was asked that Swedes say Finns talk funny, so does she think Swedes talk funny?

"I always tell a story that why Swedes are so good in the golf (is) because in golf you need empty mind, and there's nothing going on in their heads," she said, smiling. "So that's why they play good."

Blomqvist also had people cracking up when she mentioned her boyfriend, Roope Kakko, is a fellow pro golfer from Finland. But there's a problem with his surname.

"Kakko means (feces) in Finnish," she said. "So I'm not very happy about that if we're going to stay together."
If I was Minea, I'd get a new boyfriend or have the present one change his last name. Either that or to avoid a Scandinavian civil war, marry a Swede. Preferably one whose head isn't empty or have a last name meaning shit.

Who said pro golfers aren't colorful?

Labels: , ,

 
Listed on BlogShares