noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Save your toasters

That's what Polish PM Kaczynski pretty much is telling GLBT folks.

WARSAW, Poland -- Poland's conservative prime minister rejected European Union criticism Thursday of a proposal to fire teachers for ''homosexual propaganda,'' saying it was not in the interest of society to have more gay people.

Prime Minister Jaroslaw Kaczynski said homosexuals did not face discrimination in his country, responding to an EU parliament vote to send a mission to Poland to investigate recent anti-gay comments by senior officials.

''Nobody is limiting gay rights in Poland,'' Kaczynski told reporters hours after the vote.

''However, if we're talking about not having homosexual propaganda in Polish schools, I fully agree with those who feel this way,'' he said. ''Such propaganda should not be in schools; it definitely doesn't serve youth well.''

''It's not in the interest of any society to increase the number of homosexuals -- that's obvious.''
TFM is no arch conservative when it comes to GLBT issues. Read this post of mine for example. I don't think there is any education that can make one gay. Its one's sexual orientation, which unless I'm wrong, can't be taught. So what 'propaganda' is going to teach a man or woman to be gay?

If anyone wonders what the toaster line is about, I once read a lesbian gets a free toaster for recruiting a straight woman. I don't recall where I read that, and I do believe its a joke. Anyone have a peach colored one I can have?(Cue the sarcastic laughter)

Linked to- Adam, Blue Star, Jo,

Labels: , , ,

 
Listed on BlogShares