noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, March 26, 2007

The Knucklehead of the Day award

Today's winner is Sergio Garcia. He gets the award for the following.

DORAL – Sergio Garcia confirmed his unusual hole-in-one at the 13th hole Saturday at the CA Championship at Doral.

Unhappy with his bogey there, he retrieved his ball and then spit into the cup.

NBC reported that viewers called to complain.

Garcia didn’t deny it.

“I did, I’m not going to say no,” Garcia told NBC. “It went down in the middle. It wasn’t going to affect anybody else.

“I just missed the putt and wasn’t very happy.”

*****

Geoff Ogilvy played in the twosome behind Garcia but wasn’t aware the cup had been lubricated.

"I didn’t lick my fingers anyway after I played that hole,” Ogilvy said. “And I wash my hands before I eat.”

Ogilvy didn’t like the idea another player had spit into the cup.

“It’s probably not the right way to play,” Ogilvy said.
No it isn't Geoff. Garcia deserves to be fined for his misconduct but I'm betting the PGA Tour does nothing. The Tour and the USGA didn't penalize Tiger Woods after he defaced a green two years ago at the US Open.

Sergio Garcia may not be fined or penalized, but he is today's Knucklehead of the Day.

Linked to- Basil, Blue Star, Cao, DragonLady, Jo, Leaning Straight Up, Perri Nelson, Right Voices, Shadowscape,

Labels: , , ,

 
Listed on BlogShares