noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Greg Schiano not interested in University of Miami job

From AP-

PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- Rutgers coach Greg Schiano will stay with the school he led to national prominence this season, rather than return to take over the troubled Miami program.

``This is where I want to be. This is the job I want to have,'' Schiano said Monday.

Schiano, who was Miami's defensive coordinator in 1999 and 2000, said he spoke with the Hurricanes' athletic director Sunday night.

``We're just scratching the surface here at Rutgers,'' Schiano said. ``The sky's the limit. We're going to do great things here. We haven't done it yet.''

Schiano has orchestrated No. 16 Rutgers' rise from one of the nation's lowliest programs in the past six seasons.
If I were the U of M, I'd hire defensive coordinator Randy Shannon. Something tells me an outside coach will be hired. Much like when Tom Olivadotti was passed over for the then obscure Jimmy Johnson in 1984.

Your guess is as good as mine at present.

Linked to- Basil's Blog, Bright & Early,

 
Listed on BlogShares