noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Memo to Saddam- It's not your choice

From AP-

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A thinner but combative Saddam Hussein returned to court Wednesday for the first time since his hunger strike and hospitalization, complaining he had been forced to attend the proceedings and asking to be executed by firing squad if the court sentences him to death.

"I was brought against my will directly from the hospital," Saddam told the chief judge. "The Americans insisted that I come against my will. This is not fair."

He asked the court to execute him by firing squad — "not by hanging as a common criminal" — if it convicts him of all charges and sentences him to death.

"I ask you being an Iraqi person that if you reach a verdict of death, execution, remember that I am a military man and should be killed by firing squad," he said.

Chief Judge Raouf Abdel-Rahman reminded Saddam that the trial was still under way and that the court had not reached a verdict. Executions in Iraq are normally by hanging.

Saddam and seven co-defendants have been on trial since Oct. 19 in the killing and torture of Shiites in Dujail following a 1982 assassination attempt against him there. The prosecution has asked for the death penalty for Saddam and two of the seven others.
The trial isn't over, but if any other verdict than guilty with a death sentence being handed down will greatly surprise me. Saddam was a butcher.

I've got a better idea than hanging or firing squad. One of those plastic shredders Saddam is purported to use. Whether they are true or myth, Saddam would meet a painful end like many of the Iraqis his regime had killed over 30 years.

Open Post- Cao's Blog, Right Wing Nation, TMH's Bacon Bits,

 
Listed on BlogShares