noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Gov. Jeb Bush to the NFL?

The Sun-Sentinel is reporting the following


Bush, who spends his Sundays each fall watching pro football, acknowledged Tuesday that the NFL job was broached during a recent meeting with Patrick Rooney Sr., owner of the Palm Beach Kennel Club.

Rooney is the brother of Dan Rooney, who owns the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers and co-chairs the NFL's search committee looking for a replacement for Commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

"I met with Mr. Rooney and I said I'm doing my job until I'm finished and then I'm going to consider other things. But I'm not going to do anything until I finish," Bush, who leaves office in January, told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Although he has repeatedly said he will not seek the presidency in 2008, Bush has declined to say what he does hope to do other than return to Miami.

*****

Patrick Rooney Sr. did not return calls and was out of the country Tuesday.
While I see this as more likely than Jeb Bush running for President, I'm betting nothing comes of it.

Open Post- Freedom Watch, Bright & Early,

 
Listed on BlogShares