noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

It takes all sorts of people to make up the World Chapter I

This will be a new semi-regular posting of mine if all goes according to plan. It's based on a saying my late father had- "It takes all sorts of people to make up the world and if you live long enough you'll meet every single one of them."

Let me introduce you to Jaclyn Helsel, age 20. She is already the mother of three children, the last born seven months after her previous child. The baby was premature and died. What did Ms. Helsel do? She put the baby's body in a garbage bag.

I can't understand how a mother can do this. Apparently Ms. Helsel likes to have sex but not the resposnsibility or consequencet that come with it.

Let me also introduce you to Brevard County Prosecutor Jim Lynch and a nameless judge. Ms. Helsel was being held without bail for aggravated manslaughter. The judge and prosecutor decided to let Helsel out on $35,000 bail, but with these conditions.

Helsel had to do more than satisfy the $35,000 bond. She had to agree not to have sexual intercourse, and to not even associate with any male over the age of 15 unless she's supervised.

A sad and bizarre story. You hear more of these stories with each passing month. A judge telling someone not to have sex. Should a judge have that power? Then again some people won't be responsible in their lives.

My wife has a saying too. "The more people I learn of, the more I like my cats."

Hat tip- Don Surber
Open Post- Stop the ACLU, Bright & Early,

 
Listed on BlogShares