noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Four cents

Blogging has been light today for a variety of reasons. I was busy running errands today. This afternoon I'm busying myself catching up with my correspondence chess games. I got 11 postcards in today's mail.

Four cents. That's how much I used to pay to mail a postcard 32 years ago when I began playing C. Chess. Yesterday the latest rate hike took place, now to mail a postcard it takes 25 cents.

I know inflation drives prices up.(What can you get for four cents today? Anything?) Don't the postal service realize these rate increases drive more and more people to email. I played probably 1 postal game in 20 via email 6 years ago. Today its getting close to 2 out of 5. When 81-year-old C Chess players start going to email, you know the post office is fighting a losing battle.

Open Post- Jo's Cafe, Bright & Early, Basil's Blog,

 
Listed on BlogShares