noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Knucklehead of the Day award

Today's winner is syndicated columnist Kathleen Parker. She gets it for her hateful attack column on bloggers that was published yesterday.

It's been the talk of the blogosphere. LaShawn Barber, James at OTB and Dr. Steven Taylor to name just three. Read their highly intelligent analysis of Ms. Parker's misguided diatribe.

The beginning of one paragraph says a great deal- I mean no disrespect to the many brilliant people out there - professors, lawyers, doctors, philosophers, scientists and other journalists who also happen to blog. Again, they know who they are.

These are the brilliant people in Ms. Parker's mind. Some of the best blogs out there are written by members of our military. Ms. Parker shows her true colors right here. She is an intellectual snob. If you don't meet her criteria, we're barbarians.

And her use of the words baby bloggies. Never been heard of or used by many 'brilliant' bloggers. So who is the intellectual here?

And I thought I liked this columnist up till now. I'm no barbarian and I'm no great intellectual. But there is one thing I'm good at. Sniffing out stupidty and Ms. Parker showed plenty of it in her hate filled invective. For being a elitist snob and trashing people many people she knows little about, Kathleen Parker is today's Knucklehead of the day.

Open Post- Jo's Cafe, Bright & Early, Mudville Gazette,

 
Listed on BlogShares