noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Time to do away with limbo

The Catholic Church under Pope Benedict XVI may finally get rid of this outdated and I think wrong doctrine. Limbo had been deempazied over the last forty years as the Globe and Mail reports but not done away with entirely.

What I could never understand is that unbaptized babies not going to heaven. They are innocents and Jesus in the Gospel says let the children come to me. I always felt that was a contradiction and that God would embrace these members of his family. Pope John Paul II in 1992 catechism said-

"As regards children who have died without baptism, the church can only entrust them to the mercy of God, as she does in her funeral rites for them."

I think that would only be right. Go and read the entire article.

Hat tip- Captain Ed
Open Post- Don Surber, Outside the Beltway

 
Listed on BlogShares