noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, October 03, 2005

We can always dream

This news has slipped by most of the blogosphere because of the Supreme court nomination. With Capito not running, Senator Robert Byrd is a lock to be re-elected next year.

Hat tip- Don Surber

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- A congresswoman widely considered to be the GOP's strongest candidate to unseat Sen. Robert C. Byrd in 2006 announced Monday she will not challenge the Senate's oldest member.

Rep. Shelley Moore Capito, daughter of former three-term Republican Gov. Arch A. Moore Jr., said she plans to seek a fourth term in the House of Representatives instead.

"I took a lot of time with this decision," Capito told the Charleston Daily Mail. "My best future right now is to ask voters to send me back to my seat in Congress. I feel I've been very effective there, and there's more to be done."

Byrd announced last week he would seek a record ninth term in the Senate. The Democrat, who turns 88 in November and will become the longest-serving senator in U.S. history in June, said he was "ready to go another round."

The Republican Party has made unseating Byrd a top priority. The National Republican Senatorial Committee has already aired television ads questioning whether he remains in step with voters.

 
Listed on BlogShares