noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Giving the finger

Some news from Japan. I may be a masochist, but I draw the line at cutting off digits as a means of political protest. For if I did, I wouldn't have any toes or fingers left. How would I go online?

Hat tip- Japundit
Linked to- Big Dog, Conservative Thoughts, Perri Nelson, Pirate's Cove,

A member of a Japanese right-wing group was arrested after he sent his severed little finger to the ruling party's headquarters in protest at Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's failure to visit a war shrine this month.

Abe stayed away from Yasukuni Shrine on the August 15 anniversary of the nation's World War II surrender, avoiding a slight to those in China and South Korea who see the shrine as a symbol of Japan's past militarism.

An envelope delivered to the Liberal Democratic Party headquarters in Tokyo also contained a letter of protest and a disk of photographs of the 54-year-old man cutting off his finger, a police official in Okayama Prefecture, western Japan, said.

"I thought they would ignore me if I just sent the letter, so I put my little finger in as well," Kyodo news agency quoted the man as telling police.

Removing part of a finger is a traditional form of punishment or atonement among gangsters in Japan.

Labels: , ,

 
Listed on BlogShares