noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

The name is Lee, Seon Hwa Lee



At the half way point of the Kraft Nabisco Championship, Lorena Ochoa leads by 4 shots over Michelle Wie. Karrie Webb and Seon Hwa Lee are tied for third one further shot behind.

If you read the Palm Beach Post's article on the Nabisco, you may not even know Seon Hwa Lee is in the tournament. Lindsay Jones is covering the tournament for the Post and she fails to mention Lee in the article. Ok the article is almost all about Pressel(Who is from Boca Raton, and considered one of the leading Rookie of the Year candidates coming into the year) but not naming Lee is ridiculous.

The closest Jones comes is-

Boynton Beach resident Karrie Webb shot a four-under 68 to move into a tie for third place, five shots behind Ochoa.

and

Webb, who won the Kraft in 2000 but hasn't won a tournament since 2004, made three birdies, and sank an eagle on No. 15 with a 7-iron from 152 yards away. Webb said she is starting to regain the confidence that once made her one of the tour's top players.

"I feel like I'm good enough to play as good as I did five or six years ago," Webb said. "But I think the difference is now that I might really enjoy it — not that I never appreciated — I just didn't understand how good I was playing. Now if I get that form going, I think I'll really enjoy it."


So Jones mentions Webb but not even name Lee in the article. This person is supposed to be covering golf?

Let me explain something to Ms. Jones.

1 Juli Inkster $235,243.00
2 Seon Hwa Lee $217,523.00
6 Lorena Ochoa $140,825.00
21 Morgan Pressel $54,339.00
47 Karrie Webb $24,705.00

Note- The reason Michelle Wie is not listed above is because she is not an official member of the LPGA. If Michelle was, her 73,277 would place her 17th on the money list.

Seon Hwa Lee is #2 on the money list so far this year. She has come in second this year twice already. Ms. Lee is far out pacing anyone for ROY title.

It would be good of the Palm Beach Post to send a reporter to a tournament who actually knows something about the LPGA.

Open Post- Adam's Blog, Bright & Early, Outside the Beltway,

 
Listed on BlogShares