noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Mitt Romney meet Michael Corleone

Chapter XXIX in why I'm already fatigued as a result of the 2008 Presidential race. From AP-

DES MOINES, Iowa - Republican Mitt Romney denies any responsibility for hiring illegal immigrants as workers at his home, insisting it was the fault of contractors and calling for tighter federal guidelines to verify the status of workers.

Asked by a reporter Friday if he shouldn't go the "extra mile" because of his business background and his strong advocacy of clamping down on illegal immigration in his presidential bid, the former Massachusetts governor shot back: "And what's the extra mile? So for instance, if I go to a restaurant, do I make sure all the waiters there are all legal?"

"We have a country where there's not an employment verification system that allows companies to know who's in the country legally and illegally. And I've certainly never proposed that homeowners have a responsibility when they hire a contractor or company to then go out and inquire of the company's employees whether they happen to be legal or not. That's not the course of this country. It's even potentially against the law," he said.

"The individuals in my home were not my employees. They were hired by a company. The company made a mistake in judgment. And that's why I terminated my relationship with them."
I don't buy the 'I hired the contractor excuse. Private individuals, small businesses and large corporations can be held responsible for work done by third parties they hired through a contractor. Romney is no different. Romney fired the contractor, he should also just fess up and say a mistake. Then as I've shown, politicians have trouble admitting fault.

The illegal alien gardener story is just another sign of how the media and public focus on topics that tell us little about how a canidate will govern. All the candidates, the MSM, and the voting public are indirectly and directly employing illegal alien labor. If it isn't lawn service workers, its the candidates staying in hotels or eating at restaurants that employ this help. I've traveled to all 50 states, and my father used to own hotels and restaurants. I know a little on this subject. As Michael Corleone said 'We're all part of the same hypocrisy.' Lets move on to some subject that matters.

Linked to- Right Wing Nation, Rosemary, Stop the ACLU, Stuck on Stupid, Third World County,

Labels: ,

 
Listed on BlogShares