noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Little Green Men

The Governor of New Mexico and 2008 Democratic candidate for President wants to make known what happened in Roswell 60 years ago.

ROUND ROCK, Texas — If he wins his bid for the White House, Democratic presidential candidate Bill Richardson may be just the man to get to the bottom of the 60-year-old Roswell UFO mystery.

Answering questions at a townhall meeting Friday, a Dell employee asked Richardson about the 1947 incident in which many people still believe a flying saucer landed near the eastern New Mexico town.

"I've been in government a long time, I've been in the cabinet, I've been in the Congress and I've always felt that the government doesn't tell the truth as much as it should on a lot of issues," said Richardson, who is governor of New Mexico.

"When I was in Congress I said (to the) Department of Defense ... 'What is the data? What is the data you have?' "

He was told that the records were classified.

"That ticked me off," he said, as the crowd laughed.

"What do you want me to do? You want me to open up all those files?" he asked the alien enthusiast, who answered that he did.

"I'll work with you on that."
The explanation put forward in this Star Trek episode seems as plausible as anything I've heard. BTW Richardson was my the most likely Democratic Presidential candidate to get my vote next January. Probably still is. Does that say about the quality of Democratic candidates or TFM? Let me know.

James Joyner at OTB writes-

one has to wonder if working with some guy on answering his flying saucer questions is really the best use of a president’s time. Well, okay, we probably don’t need to wonder.
President's waste so much time on trivia we rarely hear of,(Meeting Miss Apple Orchard 2007) that spending time on Roswell could be considered productive.

Linked to- Big Dog, Blue Star, Stuck on Stupid, Yankee Sailor,

Labels: , ,

 
Listed on BlogShares