noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Knucklehead of the Day award

Today's winner is columnist Mark Steyn. He gets the award for the following.

Point one: They’re not “children.” The students at Virginia Tech were grown women and — if you’ll forgive the expression — men. They would be regarded as adults by any other society in the history of our planet. Granted, we live in a selectively infantilized culture where twentysomethings are “children” if they’re serving in the Third Infantry Division in Ramadi but grown-ups making rational choices if they drop to the broadloom in President Clinton’s Oval Office.
Note- I've never liked Steyn as a columnist. The reasons being a lot deeper than the man being geographically clueless.

The only infantilizing going on, is by Steyn spewing hate out of his mouth at people whose only crime was to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.. 32 young men and women died last week, and this piece of shit feels the need to attack the manhood of ones who died. Steyn needs serious psychiatric attention.

By the way, those who died will always be children to the ones that matter the most. Their parents. I've lost a child, and my son will always be 'Entoy' to me. Entoy is the waray word for little boy. These men and women will have to live with their child's bloody death for the rest of their lives, and many will be asking themselves if they could have prevented it. I know, I have second guessed alot of what happened before my son died. Shouldn't I have ensisted that the doctor deliver Daniel instead of waiting.

Instead we have a person attacking these people. What we have here in Steyn is one very sick psudeo intellectual mind.(What the hell is a broadloom? I had to look up the definition of this word I've never heard or read once in my life before Steyn's column.)

Steyn could have redeemed himself from the stupidity above, but his Sunday column was even more horse crap.

I've had some mail in recent days from people who claimed I'd insulted the dead of Virginia Tech. Obviously, I regret I didn't show the exquisite taste and sensitivity of Sen. Obama and compare getting shot in the head to an Imus one-liner. Does he mean it? I doubt whether even he knows. When something savage and unexpected happens, it's easiest to retreat to our tropes and bugbears or, in the senator's case, a speech on the previous week's "big news." Perhaps I'm guilty of the same. But then Yale University, one of the most prestigious institutes of learning on the planet, announces that it's no longer safe to expose twentysomething men and women to ''Henry V'' unless you cry God for Harry, England and St. George while brandishing a bright pink and purple plastic sword from the local kindergarten. Except, of course, that the local kindergarten long since banned plastic swords under its own "zero tolerance" policy.
In other words, if someone else is an idiot, I can be an idiot. How intellectual is that? For depraved insulting of the dead and their families, Mark Steyn is today's Knucklehead of the Day.

Linked to- Amboy Times, Basil, Blue Star, Conservative Thoughts, High Desert Wanderer, Jo, Leaning Straight Up, Perri Nelson, Pirate's Cove, Pursuing Holiness, Random Yak, Right Voices, Right Wing Nation, Yankee Sailor,

Labels: ,

 
Listed on BlogShares