noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Joe Negron is out

From The Q Florida Politics Blog-


Joe Negron told the Q he has decided against running for the District 16 congressional seat held by Democrat Tim Mahoney.

Just minutes ago, Negron told us that after careful consideration he has decided to “spend time on my professional endeavors.”

Both national and state Republicans tried to recruit Negron who barely lost in his bid to defeat Mahoney.

Negron was a replacement candidate for disgraced former U.S. Rep. Mark Foley whose name remained on the ballot.
I had some problems with Negron when he ran last fall. After his defeat in November, I have felt the GOP would be best off to find a different candidate for 2008.

Unlike the Florida 22nd, the FL 16th is a Republican district. With the proper candidate the GOP I think stands better than an even chance of regaining the seat.

Linked to- Basil's Blog, Bright & Early, Blue Star,

Labels: , , ,

 
Listed on BlogShares