noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Calling Hillary

From the Miami Herald-

Q: I saw an ad on page 2D of The Herald Dec. 9 for Titleist golf balls. I called the 800 number and gave them my credit card number and everything. I was told they would ship in 10 days via UPS Ground. I had planned to give these things as Christmas gifts, but they never arrived. I called again for a tracking number; there was none. When I called again today, the number had been disconnected.

I don't know what kind of scam this might be, but The Herald should be aware. Can Action Line help?

Hugh Rodham,

Coral Gables

A: We checked with The Herald's advertising department and, sure enough, the ad had already been pulled following a complaint from another reader -- a Herald employee. His credit card number was stolen and used to wire money abroad. You tell us your credit card hasn't been charged for the golf balls but that you've alerted the creditor to the potential fraud. For added security, we recommend that you change the card account number if you haven't already.

I think the person writing the Herald's help line is none other than Hillary Clinton's brother. CNN has the former Senatorial candidate living in Coral Gables. Anyone want to bet this isn't the same person?

The MSM advertises scams and snake oil all the time. I'd have written or called the Herald if the same had happened to me.

Linked to- Right Wing Guy, Right Wing Nation,

Labels:

 
Listed on BlogShares