noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, October 02, 2006

The Knucklehead of the Day award

Today's winner is Tennessee Titan defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth. He gets the award for the following.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was ejected early in the third quarter Sunday after he kicked Dallas center Andre Gurode in the face. Now the tackle expects to be punished and knows he deserves it.

"What I did out there was disgusting," Haynesworth said. "It doesn't matter what the league does to me. The way I feel right now, you just can't describe it."

Julius Jones had just scored on a 5-yard run, putting Dallas up 20-6 in what wound up as a 45-14 victory. Gurode's helmet came off, and Haynesworth, standing over him, used his right foot to kick Gurode in the head.

Gurode said they hadn't been talking or having any exchanges that led to Haynesworth kicking him twice. He received stitches above his forehead and beneath his eye.

"In all my years of football, this has never happened to me. I've never been kicked in the face like this, and I've never seen anybody kick nobody else in the face," Gurode said.
I can't recall the last time I saw it happening in a football game. Most players keep those kind of emotions in check. Football is a rough game, but Albert Haynesworth crossed a line and for that he is today's knucklehead of the day.

Linked to- Jo's Cafe, Cao's Blog, Bright & Early, Right Wing Nation, Basil's Blog,

 
Listed on BlogShares