noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Jeff Reardon not guilty

From the Sun-Sentinel

WEST PALM BEACH -- A Palm Beach County circuit judge found former Major League Baseball pitcher Jeff Reardon not guilty by reason of insanity on Monday of robbing a jewelry store.

Reardon, who played in two World Series, was taking a dozen medications that impaired his judgment. Attorneys said Reardon was distraught over the 2004 death of a son and had been taking anti-depressants and mood stabilizers.

Defense attorney Mitch Beers, who used a voluntary intoxication defense, said the robbery episode, with Reardon's "thank you" and "please" on the note, was like something out of a Woody Allen movie.

Two court-appointed psychiatrists, along with two defense psychiatrists, concluded there was no reasonable or logical explanation for Reardon to rob a jewelry store.

After Judge Stephen Rapp's ruling was announced on Monday, Reardon said he was pleased and relieved. He had been worried about going to jail, he said.

*****

Reardon is to return before Rapp in six months for a court-ordered review of his case.


My wife and I lost a son in 2003, so I partly sympathize with Reardon. I was very depressed(and angry) after Daniel's death. I also took anti-depressants but never once thought about holding up a jewelry store. Instead I started blogging.......

Is that another form of insanity?

I do hope Reardon gets his life together.

Linked to- Third World County, Basil's Blog,

 
Listed on BlogShares