noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Knucklehead of the Day award Part Six

No I haven't run out yet. :)

Our sixth winner is Mark DelCore. He gets the award for the following.


Life is no beach for a gay bodybuilder who is suing the feds for the right to sunbathe in the nude on Fire Island with man's best friend by his side.

Mark DelCore, 39, claims he suffers from a disabling skin condition caused by 9/11 and the antidote is "exposure to sun all over my body," according to a complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Central Islip, L.I.

DelCore also claims he suffers from posttraumatic stress disorder as a result of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks and needs to be accompanied at his favorite nude beach by his rat terrier Cheekies.

But Fire Island National Seashore prohibits dogs on the nude beach to protect endangered piping plover nesting grounds, prompting DelCore to file suit under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

"My dog is a service dog, he's there for my psychological support," DelCore said yesterday.

DelCore, of Queens, who competed as a bodybuilder at the 1998 Gay Games, said he was covered with a fine layer of dust after the World Trade Center towers collapsed, and developed a severe rash about two weeks later. "If I don't get any sun, it looks like measles all over me," he said.

Michael Reynolds, the superintendent at the seashore, said he was taken aback by the lawsuit because there have been no complaints about DelCore or his dog from other beachgoers, nor has the bodybuilder been threatened with enforcement action.

Both sides are due in court today where DelCore will be representing himself, and an assistant U.S. attorney will seek dismissal of the suit.

DelCore is seeking a change in the dog ban and "mandatory sensitivity training" for a park ranger who told him the the only exception to the rule applied to seeing eye dogs.
Aren't these service dog stories getting out of hand. Professor Althouse agrees, calling this story the terror and terrier. LOL, another example of why the Wisconsin Law Professor has become one of my favorite bloggers.

What skin condition needs nude sunbathing? I'm a malignant melanoma survivor, sunbathing is detrimental to one's skin.

Mr. DelCore also sounds like he has a big chip on his shoulder. Sensitivity training for the Park ranger. I think DelCore needs some for this dumb lawsuit and his selfishness. I may never see that happen, but I'll be happy to make Mark DelCore our 6th Knucklehead of the day.

Open Post- Jo's Cafe, Cao's Blog, TMH's Bacon Bits, Is it Just me?, Point Five, Bright & Early,

Labels:

 
Listed on BlogShares