noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Mehlman On Alito

Ken Mehlman, the RNC chairman, came out swinging this afternoon for Judge Sam Alito in his bloggerview this afternoon. He said Alito is the most experienced person to be nominated for the Supreme Court in 70 years. Looks like Republicans want to rumble.
Some points:

1. "This guy's been unanimously confirmed twice."
2. "Get the word out as to who he is."
3. Ginsburg of the ACLU was confirmed 96-3, so there.
4. What was done to Bork politicized what should be a constitutional order.

I asked if the Harriet Miers nomination was a setup. Mehlman gave a long answer -- executive privilege, yada yada yada -- so I asked again: "No, absolutely not."

Fine.

My opinion? Let’s set the Wayback Machine for Nov. 5, 2004. Bush just won re-election with the most votes ever. Poca’s political columnist (that would be me) wrote: "The Founding Fathers created a system of checks and balances in the Constitution. Bush must steer the nation back to that by recruiting and appointing a generation of judges who respect the Constitution."

WaPo has details on Alito. Good job, George.
Only 94.7% of the people at the Ruffini online poll at Hugh Hewitt support Alito. I voted twice. So sue me.

Cross posted and longer at Don Surber.

 
Listed on BlogShares