noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Dolphins Prediction and Sports Roundup

*- Miami had a off week last weekend. This week they go into Buffalo with their 2-1 record. That is two more wins than I was predicting they would have at the beginning of the season.

I think its time for me to stop picking against Miami. So here goes this week's prediction- Miami 27 Buffalo 13. Buffalo has the 2nd worst run defense in the NFL so far this year. Rookie Ronnie Brown should have a field day.

My prior football prognosticating should tell you not to take that to Las Vegas however.

*- Talking about Brown. After a big game against Carolina, the 'Ronnie Brown' is a bust talk has died down.

*- The Post has an article about Dolphin football tickets being a tough sell. Miami's fans have always been fickle. Their last two home playoff games didn't even sell out.

*- What's some sports news without me mentioning golf. John Daly leads by 1 shot over Colin Montgomerie at the Amex Championship. Tiger Woods and Sergio Garcia are two shots back.

This should make for a good finish. I'll tune into this golf after the Dolphin game is over.

Nicole Perrot of Chile leads the Longs Drugs LPGA event. Hee Won Han is tied for second 3 shots back and trying to win tournaments back to back. This Golf is on at 7 p.m., so I have a full sports lineup today.

*- The Florida Panthers have started the NHL season 2-1. This is entirely the work of their great goaltender Roberto Luongo. Luongo had two shutouts to open the season. Good thing he did, the Panthers have scored 5 goals in 3 games. 4 of them against an opposition goalie, the other was a late game open net goal.

I don't have high hopes for the Panthers this year.

*- The St Louis Cardinals and Chicago White Sox have already made their respective championship series in baseball. Up to 2 games to 1, both the Anaheim Angels and Houston Astros stand one game away from making it also.

I predict a White Sox-Cardinals World Series.

 
Listed on BlogShares