noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Farewell to two friends

After some recent controversy, which I won't rehash at their request, Bloggers Rick and Alex who ran the South Florida blog Stuck on the Palmetto have ceased operations. I understand why the decision was made, that doesn't mean the South Florida blogosphere isn't poorer for what has taken place.

I first discovered Stuck on the Palmetto in July 2006. SOTP quickly becoming one of my daily and most frequent stops. They were the only other blog that I know of talking South Florida events and issues on a regular basis. Even I don't concentrate alone on South Florida, as can be seen by my many posts on National politics, Asia News, and Pro golf to name just three.

Rick and Alex's politics are much more liberal than mine, but that never kept me away from SOTP.(Read this post where I listed SOTP as one of my favorite blogs) I wish them both well in their future endeavors and I'm pretty certain that I won't be the only one missing their work.

Linked to- Adam, Blue Star, Bright & Early, Bullwinkle, DragonLady, Pirate's Cove, Populist, Right Voices, Right Wing Nation, Rosemary, Third World County,

Labels: ,

 
Listed on BlogShares