noembed noembed

Commentary, sarcasm and snide remarks from a Florida resident of over thirty years. Being a glutton for punishment is a requirement for residency here. Who am I? I've been called a moonbat by Michelle Malkin, a Right Wing Nut by Daily Kos, and middle of the road by Florida blog State of Sunshine. Tell me what you think.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

One year of blogging

TFM turns one year old today. It all began with this post. Most appropriately it was a Knucklehead of the Day award.


This will be an award I will give out as often as there are suitable candidates. It's for any idiot either in the news or just encounter where I live. Today's winner I find particularly outrageous.

Goes to any of the 12 members on the board of Goldstar Mothers who voted to deny Ligaya Lagman membership. This organization which is for mothers who lost children during the war, denied Mrs. Lagaman membership after her son Army Sgt. Anthony Lagaman died in Afghanistan. What was the reason? The rules for Gold Star Mothers says a mother must be a US citizen. Ligaya Lagman is a Permanent Resident Alien and her son was a US Citizen.
*****

"I can't believe that 12 intelligent women would ever not have it in their hearts to think about another Gold Star mother," Oxendine said. "You pay a high price to join the American Gold Star Mothers. I figure her dues were paid."

Yes Mrs. Oxendine, Ligaya Lagman has paid her dues but I wouldn't call any of these 12 women intelligent. THEY ARE MORONS!

The Gold Star Membership should oust the whole board or quit. That simple.

As you can see I was as feisty then as I am now if I find someone or something's conduct outrageous. Less than a month later Gold Star Moms reversed course. This story had a good resolution.

Don't forget this Memorial Day weekend the Lagman family and all other families who lost a loved one in service of our country. God bless them all.

A year of blogging has passed. I hope you enjoy my blog, and yesterday's Knucklehead Carnival. The carnival idea was a last minute brainstorm on Thursday night. I didn't realize how exhausting it would be to do. I'll do it again in a year when my 2nd anniversary comes up. I'll be better prepared then, I'll start planning it a week in advance.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoy it.

Open Post- Point Five, Stop The ACLU, Wizbang,

 
Listed on BlogShares